We currently have an opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join the team, based at our Glasgow head office.
The successful candidate will work within a small team in a busy environment while providing 1st line helpdesk support for all employees and focus on providing a high level of service to internal customers. An excellent telephone manner whilst working under pressure will be required at all times as a large portion of the role will involve dealing with employees via telephone support on a day to day basis. Therefore, the role is suited to an individual who is pro-active, confident and willing to learn.
- Logging of all issues and resolution details on IT Helpdesk
- Timely resolution of IT Helpdesk cases to satisfaction of end user, escalating as appropriate
- Provide guidance and support to regarding IT issues
- Troubleshooting of system problems
- Managing user on boarding/off boarding process
- Provision of desktop support for IT systems and networks
- Installation, configuration and support of issues with laptops, desktops, mobile devices
- Provision of out of hours support (following training period)
Key skills and experience:
- HND/Degree in related subject (i.e. Computer Science, Computer and Electronic Systems)
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritise tasks effectively
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
The working hours for this role are 39 hours Monday – Friday.
A structured company training plan will be developed for the successful candidate covering all aspects of the IT support function.
A competitive remuneration package is available including salary dependent on experience, non contributory pension scheme and private medical insurance.