About Star and “Ethos”
The Star Refrigeration Group is a UK based technology group working in partnership with customers to provide a Total Temperature Solutions, from initial design through to installation & whole-life system maintenance care. Our innovative solutions enable end-users to reduce energy consumption, increase efficiency and drive down lifecycle operating costs. Star pioneers groundbreaking refrigeration and heating technology for the benefit of customers and the environment.
Star's technical advisory arm, Star Technical Solutions (STS) operates as an independent consultancy, providing expert advice on refrigeration engineering issues. “Ethos” is a new product/service which provides clients with information about their equipment or process. This allows the Client to make informed decisions and/or identifies operational improvements to save energy and operating cost. It does this by locally collecting data from the client’s system and transmitting the data offsite where an application processes the data. The results are fed back to the client via either a web based dashboard or a bespoke report.
The successful candidate will join the small team tasked with the continued development and maintenance of the IT systems that underpin the Ethos product. The role will initially be focused on the client dashboard and database however over time, the individual is expected to become involved across the whole solution. As the team is small and the service is being continuously developed, the individual has the exciting opportunity to take ownership and apply their initiative to progress and improve the product.
This role is suited to a creative and driven individual who enjoys the development of new products and services. The individual must be able to work independently using their initiative to solve problems, proactively escalating issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Effective communication and co-ordination with the rest of the team is essential to deliver the project successfully.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Web dashboard development and maintenance.
- Database developer & administrator.
- Development, testing and deployment of the processing application.
- Loading software and testing of the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) (the data collection hardware).
- Integration of Ethos within the wider Star business.
- Documentation and commenting of code / function blocks.
- Strong knowledge of ASP.NET MVC & Entity Framework.
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Strong desire to take ownership and drive solutions.
- Telerik UI (Kendo).
- Windows Server.
- Modbus RTU protocol.
- PC Worx (Phoenix Contact).
A competitive remuneration package is available including salary dependent on experience, non contributory pension scheme and private medical insurance.