Star Refrigeration has two manufacturing facilities both based in Glasgow with easy access from all major transport links. A 3,200 m2 industrial unit in Westway and a 900 m2 factory located at the company's HQ in Thornliebank.
Star's success is based on the principle that we maximise pre-installation package units that are manufactured by our multi-skilled workforce and delivered direct to site. Our packages can be fully commissioned on our purpose built test rig.
- Fully trained & experienced engineers.
- CompEx trained electricians.
- Pressure vessel fabrication to PD5500.
- Multi coded welders to BS EN 287 and ASME.
- Full range of welding procedures including carbon, low temperature carbon, stainless steel and dissimilar.
- Pipework & vessel pressure testing - hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Copper pipework.
- Structural steel work.
- Instrumentation pipework.
- Pipework fabrication to isometric drawings.
- Fabrication of complex package units to P & ID's.
The Production department operates a 5S workshop that includes:
- Ensuring a safe and clean environment for employees.
- Providing the team with the correct tools and techniques to meet the customer's requirements.
- All products being built to specification in a timely manner ensuring customer satisfaction.
The Production department has a key role in maintaining ISO 9001 accreditation by means of:
- Meeting objectives set out by top management ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Employee involvement is key to the department to ensuring we have a "Continual Improvement" mindset.
- Conducting internal audits on a regular basis ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Understanding our customers both internal and external using our "Right First Time" approach.