Control Panel Wirer/fitter – Star M&E Solutions – Derby
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum
About Star M&E Solutions
Part of Star Refrigeration Group which is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company, founded in 1970, working with customers from design to commissioning and maintenance, supported by a nationwide branch structure. The company is comprised of six business units and currently has around 400 employees throughout the group. We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited employer and recognise the important role our employees play in our success which is why they are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to support and encourage our employees to pursue their interests and provide development opportunities to ensure they have rewarding and fulfilling careers.
We are looking for an experienced Control Panel Wirer/Fitter to join our skilled team within the control panel department, working as part of the team you will ensure our reputation of high quality is upheld. The role is based around the core business of Industrial Refrigeration, on projects of varying size.
Reporting to the line manager the successful applicant will working alongside our experienced team within the workshop environment and occasionally on site at various customer locations.
The role responsibilities will include:
Fit down and wiring of various types of control panels within our workshop facility, to provided wiring schematics
Attend sites occasionally to carry out minor electrical installations, panel modifications & fault finding
The successful candidate should have:
Experience in installation & wiring of motor control gear
Able to work on own initiative
Able to read and understand control panel schematic
Able to electrically test the panels power & controls on completion (advantageous)
Minimum 2 years ‘time served’ experience
Full UK driving licence
An excellent remuneration package is available including:
- Annual leave: 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension: 4% non-contributory pension with option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Twice yearly salary increases in line with RPI
- Professional Development: biannual reviews on development to encourage career growth
- Private Medical BUPA insurance available after 6 months of employment with additional family option
- Permanent Health Insurance: generous long term illness cover equal to 50% of salary with continuation of company pension contributions
- Life Assurance: 6 x annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 phoneline offering practical support and access to counsellors
- Star Share Ownership Plan: option to become a company shareholder through pre-tax saving scheme
- Cycle to Work and Electric Vehicle Leasing salary sacrifice schemes
- Annual company profitability bonus
- Employee Milestone bonus, including increased holiday entitlement
- Respond to this advert with a current CV and cover letter.
- A selection of candidates will be shortlisted for interview where a suitable time and date will be organised.
- We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application.
- First stage interviews may be carried out remotely, via video call prior to a face to face interview.
- The successful candidate will be notified and a start date agreed.
15th July 2022