Installation Electrician/Approved Electrician(s)
Ideally candidates will be located in the Central England area, work location is site based with travel across UK – working away 3-4 nights per week
£32,000-£50,000 per annum depending on experience plus excellent benefits package
40 hours standard hours per week, (50hrs including overtime)
About Star M&E Solutions
Part of Star Refrigeration Group which is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company, founded in 1970, working with customers from design to commissioning and maintenance, supported by a nationwide branch structure. The company is comprised of six business units and currently has around 400 employees throughout the group. We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited employer and recognise the important role our employees play in our success which is why they are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to support and encourage our employees to pursue their interests and provide development opportunities to ensure they have rewarding and fulfilling careers.
We are looking for an Installation electrician/approved electrician to join our skilled team. The role is based around the core business of Industrial Refrigeration, on projects of varying size.
The successful applicant would be working alongside our experienced team – eventually moving on to look after projects themselves. Most projects are not based locally and therefore applicants would be expected to work away from home on a regular basis.
Installation of industrial containment and cabling systems
Integration with control panels and controls systems
Testing and commissioning of installed equipment
Problem solving and fault finding
Meeting delivery deadlines and target programmes
The ability to work by yourself or as part of a team
A high level of attention to detail
Minimum 2 years ‘Out of Time’ experience
18th Edition Qualified
Valid CSCS or similar
Full UK driving licence
An excellent remuneration package is available including:
- Annual leave: 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension: 8% non-contributory pension with option to make additional voluntary contributions with company top up based on the level of AVC’s
- Private Medical BUPA insurance available after 6 months of employment with additional family option
- Permanent Health Insurance: generous long term illness cover equal to 50% of salary with continuation of company pension contributions
- Life Assurance: 6 x annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 phone line offering practical support and access to counsellors
- Star Share Ownership Plan: option to become a company shareholder through pre-tax saving scheme
- Respond to this advert with a current CV and cover letter.
- A selection of candidates will be shortlisted for interview where a suitable time and date will be organised.
- We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application.
- First stage interviews may be carried out remotely, via video call prior to a face to face interview.
- The successful candidate will be notified and a start date agreed.
29th February 2024