Technical Manager – UK wide/Flexible Location
UK - Flexible Location
Competitive, plus excellent benefits package
39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17.00, Friday 08:30 to 16.00
About Star Refrigeration
Star Refrigeration is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company, founded in 1970, working with customers from design to commissioning and maintenance, supported by a nationwide branch structure. The company is comprised of six business units and currently has around 400 employees throughout the group. We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited employer and recognise the important role our employees play in our success which is why they are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to support and encourage our employees to pursue their interests and provide development opportunities to ensure they have rewarding and fulfilling careers.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join our experienced Technical team to ensure technical compliance on industrial contracts, manage design standards and drive improvement in design and technical procedures.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for ensuring correct and optimum design for industrial contracts and providing technical guidance to the wider Star team.
This role can be based from any Group office/branch location with the expectation of some travel to Glasgow
Key duties include a range of responsibilities which include but are not limited to;
Prompt and effective review and approval of design documentation
Development of design systems and procedures
Ensure efficient and effective design quality assurance
Specialist engineering and industrial refrigeration plant design knowledge, providing guidance to Star group colleagues
Participate as an active member of the Technical Management Team
Provide technical knowledge and guidance including sales and commissioning support
Support resolution of technical issues during contracts and post contract
Identify system efficiency improvements and cost saving opportunities
Identify scope for improvement and new design and system development opportunities
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background, including a good understanding of all aspects of industrial refrigeration system design and operation and experience of mechanical and electrical equipment troubleshooting.
Key skills and experience:
Industry experience in a technical/design role
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
The ability to work effectively as part of a team
Good attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritise tasks efficiently
The ability to take initiative and have a proactive approach
Maintaining excellent relationships with multiple stakeholders
A full clean UK drivers licence
An excellent remuneration package is available including:
- Annual leave: 35 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension: 8% non-contributory pension with option to make additional voluntary contributions with company top up based on the level of AVC’s
- Twice yearly salary increases in line with RPI
- Professional Development: biannual reviews on development to encourage career growth
- Private Medical BUPA insurance available after 6 months of employment with additional family option
- Permanent Health Insurance: generous long term illness cover equal to 50% of salary with continuation of company pension contributions
- Life Assurance: 6 x annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 phoneline offering practical support and access to counsellors
- Star Share Ownership Plan: option to become a company shareholder through pre-tax saving scheme
- Cycle to Work and Electric Vehicle Leasing salary sacrifice schemes
- Annual company profitability bonus
- Employee Milestone bonus, including increased holiday entitlement
- Respond to this advert with a current CV and cover letter.
- A selection of candidates will be shortlisted for interview where a suitable time and date will be organised.
- We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application.
- First stage interviews may be carried out remotely, via video call prior to a face to face interview.
- The successful candidate will be notified and a start date agreed.
15th July 2022