Training Facilitator – Industrial Refrigeration – UK wide/Flexible Location
UK Wide, with travel required throughout the UK
Competitive, plus excellent benefits package.
39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17.00, Friday 08:30 to 16.00
About Star Refrigeration
Star Refrigeration is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company, founded in 1970, working with customers from design to commissioning and maintenance, supported by a nationwide branch structure. The company is comprised of six business units and currently has around 400 employees throughout the group. We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited employer and recognise the important role our employees play in our success which is why they are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to support and encourage our employees to pursue their interests and provide development opportunities to ensure they have rewarding and fulfilling careers.
Operations Training Team
Lead by the Head of Business Support the team consists of an Operations Training Manager and a number of training facilitators who work together with the National Network to deliver high quality training and support to a team of over 100 engineers, trainees and apprentices.
We are currently recruiting for a Training Facilitator to join our growing team, working in a fast paced environment where the successful candidate will work as part of the team ensuring our reputation of high quality is upheld.
The successful candidate will report to the Training Manager and be responsible for improving and delivering training to Fast Tracks, Apprentices and Engineers.
Key duties include a range of responsibilities, which include but are not limited to;
People and Processes
Review and report progress for Operations Apprentice & Fast Track training programmes
Assist with recruitment, training and assessment of all Operations Apprentices & Fast Track trainees
Facilitate reviews with branch management teams to ensure implementation of programmes
Coordinate year group meetings for apprentices and annual meeting with all apprentices
Translate training needs into training that will offer progression through next steps of career path
Identify courses or training materials which require updating or developing to include new products/refrigerants/changes in legislation etc.
Gather feedback from trainees and recommend suggestions for improvement or additional learning
Analysis of trainees and engineer hours booked to training
Monitor and report on quality and cost of learning experiences
Identify suitable training providers – internal and external
Represent the company at relevant industry events and participate in relevant industry organisations, committees and external training and educational establishments
Awareness of external training trends
Build case studies / submissions for training awards
Assist with development and marketing of courses for sale to external users
Work with Operations Training Manager to prepare and implement a rolling 12-month Training Plan
Maintain competence records of participants/completion
Complete training needs gap analysis through our data base
Participate in the review and development of content for the company e-Learning platform
Enhance technical and product knowledge through working closely with Operations Technical team for continued personal development
Identify scope for improvement opportunities
We are seeking a motivated individual who is well organised and able to manage a varied workload, working with multiple stakeholders
The successful applicant must have experience in the commissioning, maintenance and servicing of industrial refrigeration plant and be able to demonstrate knowledge & experience in areas including:
Knowledge of refrigeration principles and fundamentals.
Knowledge of control systems, electrical and electronic circuits and diagrams
Experience in maintaining, servicing and commissioning industrial refrigeration plant
Presentation and Training skills
Understanding and awareness of Health and Safety Legislation
Ability to demonstrate previous good working practices
Focus on company values
Previous experience in the delivery of training in a similar environment is desirable
An excellent remuneration package is available including:
- Annual leave: 35 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension: 8% non-contributory pension with option to make additional voluntary contributions with company top up based on the level of AVC’s
- Twice yearly salary increases in line with RPI
- Professional Development: biannual reviews on development to encourage career growth
- Private Medical BUPA insurance available after 6 months of employment with additional family option
- Permanent Health Insurance: generous long term illness cover equal to 50% of salary with continuation of company pension contributions
- Life Assurance: 6 x annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 phoneline offering practical support and access to counsellors
- Star Share Ownership Plan: option to become a company shareholder through pre-tax saving scheme
- Cycle to Work and Electric Vehicle Leasing salary sacrifice schemes
- Annual company profitability bonus
- Employee Milestone bonus, including increased holiday entitlement
- Respond to this advert with a current CV and cover letter.
- A selection of candidates will be shortlisted for interview where a suitable time and date will be organised.
- We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application.
- First stage interviews may be carried out remotely, via video call prior to a face to face interview.
- The successful candidate will be notified and a start date agreed.
15h July 2022