As the UK’s archetypal name in ammonia refrigeration, Star Technical Solutions offer ammonia refrigeration awareness training for end users and contractors, consultants and facility management companies.
The one-day course involves theoretical and practical training which can be customised to cover the technical, legal and health and safety requirements of your site.
To prepare refrigeration plant operators and end users for the correct management of cooling systems in relation to health and safety procedures, legal requirements and obligations, hazard and first aid instruction, and technical know-how.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- State the properties and benefits of using ammonia as a refrigerant
- List ammonia positive and negative attributes
- State the system components where ammonia is or could be present
- Describe the characteristics of ammonia including flammability and toxicity
- State the various UK and EU laws and regulations which apply to ammonia refrigeration systems: DSEAR, MHSWR, PSSR, PUWER, Standard EN378
- Understand mandatory actions required to ensure refrigeration, hvac and heating systems comply with regulations
- List applicable regulations, standards and best practice guidance
- Describe each of the applicable regulations, standards and best practice guidance
- Recognise the actions to be undertaken for both business and system compliance.
- Assess current and future need for business, operator and system compliance
- Explain common noncompliance and key hazards
- Identify first aid site requirements to discuss training needs with their first aid trainer provider
- Understand paperwork requirements
- Understand emergency response plan requirement
- List the different types of leakage
- Describe the technical operation of a refrigeration system: refrigeration cycle, evaporators, evaporator valve stations, condensers, compressors and safety switches, vessels and relief valves, ventilation systems and gas detection systems