Covid-19 Risk Assessment Results
Following Government guidance, we have taken this opportunity to publish a copy of our Risk Assessment results. We want to reassure employees, contractors, and visitors that we are taking our Covid-19 response measures and our duty of care extremely seriously and are following the latest guidance.
Having completed these Covid-19 Risk Assessments for all premises, we are able to give a small number of employees the option to return to our office where they have expressed a desire to do so, either due to home working environment or to combat social isolation.
In addition we continue to have site based teams working in line with risk assessments and safe systems of work developed and implemented in consultation with our customers throughout the period of Covid-19 restrictions.
Actions completed to date include:
- Bi-weekly Executive Board meetings to identify measures/support required across all group businesses including review of suspected/confirmed case flagging system and twice weekly blogs to keep all employees informed
- Regular departmental & management meetings to share and implement latest guidance and provide support
- Dedicated Covid suggestion scheme for employee feedback and questions
- Development of Covid-19 employee guidance and training materials including online courses
- We have asked people to remain working from home where possible
- Investment in technology to facilitate effective remote working and team communications including maintaining regular H&S meetings for remote teams
- Highlighted mental health support available including team of trained Mental Health First Aiders and signposting of Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular use of employee surveys to identify employees requiring support while working remotely
- We have implemented social distancing measures across each of our offices
- Clear signage in all offices including maximum occupancy signs for office areas/meetings rooms and to ensure safe movement of employees around buildings
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the offices and increased cleaning procedures, particularly in high use areas, to reduce risk
- Training prior to return to office for all employees to ensure understanding of measures in place
- Regular customer communications while maintaining a nationwide core service in our role as a key supplier to essential industries including food production and distribution in a period of high demand
- Covid-19 Health Questionnaire for any contractors or visitors to any Star office/site (essential visitors only)