Water Source Heat Pumps (WSHPs) absorb low grade heat from rivers, lakes, sea water, mineshafts, aquifers, ground and industrial waste and deliver the heat at higher temperature.
Water Source Heat Pumps can be utilised in a multitude of applications to displace the burning of fossil fuels for heat generation. Rivers and oceans provide the biggest opportunity to decarbonise our big cities through district heating networks.
WSHPs use water from industrial processes to produce both heating and cooling, eliminating the need for steam.
- Modular solutions ranging from 700kWth to 10MWth
- Water temperatures up to 85°C(1) for district heating applications
- Water temperatures up to 130°C for steam raising
- High efficiency compressor selected to match requirements
- Simultaneous heating and cooling where applicable.
- Option for site manufactured bespoke solutions
- Automatic PLC control with remote access for monitoring
- Natural ammonia refrigerant with zero global warming potential
- Open loop to increase system efficiency and minimise OPEX
(1) Two-stage operation for improved efficiency
Water Source Heat Pump Applications
- District Heating
- District Heating and Cooling
- District Cooling with Desalination
- Steam Raising
- Process Cooling with Heating
To find out more about our modular water source heat pumps for district heating and industrial applications, please visit www.neatpumps.com