- Recruitment activity
- Letters and emails
- Computer records
- Web enquiries and registrations
- CCTV images
- Name and company details
- Contact information – address/email address/phone number
- Details of products and services contracted for
- Profile data including log in details
- Customer feedback and survey data
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us (at email@example.com). We do not share data for marketing purposes out-with the Star Refrigeration group of companies and no information is shared with third-parties.
8. Who will information be shared with
It may be necessary to share information with parties including those detailed below. In each case only necessary information is shared.
- Other companies within the Star Refrigeration group of companies
- Subcontractors/suppliers/service providers
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, legal, insurance and accounting services
- Relevant government departments as required, i.e. HMRC
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
10. Legal rights relating to information held
Under certain circumstances you have rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right to request access to any of your personal data that the company hold and if any of that information is incorrect or out of date you have the right to have that data corrected.
You also have the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data. Where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, you have the right to request a restriction is placed on further processing. You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data, dependent on the purpose that the company holds the information.Where it may have been necessary to get your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease using your personal data without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal. Where you have previously given your consent to process your personal data, you also have the right to request that we port or transfer your personal data to a different service provider or to yourself, if you so wish.
Requests should be made to the data controller by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Data securityWe are committed to being transparent and taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure we handle data appropriately, keep it secure and to protect it from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by having in place a range of appropriate technical and organisational security measures including daily backups, which are securely stored off site. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those parties who have a business need requiring their access. They will only process your personal data in line with our policies and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Any suspected breaches will be notified to those affected and the regulator where we are legally required to do so. As Star Refrigeration operates globally, it may also be necessary to transfer your data to other Star Refrigeration companies or to suppliers/service providers where we rely on storage, system and administrative support from outside the European Economic Area therefore the processing of your data may involve a transfer of data to countries outside of the United Kingdom. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely. We will only transfer personal information outside the EEA where it is compliant with applicable data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your personal information.