Star Refrigeration has two manufacturing facilities both based in Glasgow with easy access from all major transport links. A 3,200 m2 industrial unit in Westway and a 900 m2 factory located at the company’s HQ in Thornliebank.
Star’s success is based on the principle that we maximise pre-installation package units that are manufactured by our multi-skilled workforce and delivered directly to the site. Our packages can be fully commissioned on our purpose-built test rig.
We have a successful track record of providing custom industrial refrigeration manufacturing solutions to a number of industries. These industries include education centres such as Strathclyde University and food manufacturing companies like Associated Seafoods, amongst many others.
Why Star Refrigeration?
As a long-established industrial refrigeration specialist, we have the capabilities to provide some of the most effective refrigeration manufacturing solutions available today.
Our Manufacturing Capabilities include:
- Fully trained & experienced engineers
- CompEx trained electricians
- Pressure vessel fabrication to PD5500
- Multi coded welders to BS EN 287 and ASME
- Full range of welding procedures including carbon, low-temperature carbon, stainless steel and dissimilar
- Pipework & vessel pressure testing – hydraulic and pneumatic
- Copper pipework
- Structural steelwork
- Instrumentation pipework
- Pipework fabrication to isometric drawings
- Fabrication of complex package units to P & ID’s
Reliable & Timely Service Delivery
The Production department operates a 5S workshop that includes:
- Ensuring a safe and clean environment for employees
- Providing the team with the correct tools and techniques to meet the customer’s requirements
- All products being built to specification in a timely manner ensuring customer satisfaction
Health & Safety Accredited
The Production department has a key role in maintaining ISO 9001 accreditation by means of:
- Meeting objectives set out by top management ensuring customer satisfaction
- Employee involvement is key to the department to ensuring we have a “Continual Improvement” mindset
- Conducting internal audits on a regular basis ensuring high standards are maintained
- Understanding our customers both internal and external using our “Right First Time” approach
To receive further information about how we can help you and get a free quote, get in touch with our team.